B2C MarketingMarketing

Multichannel Marketing: What Is It? Why Does It Matter? – medium.datadriveninvestor.com

future-dyanmics

DataDrivenInvestor
Mar 3
Save
Multichannel marketing is the practice where companies interact with customers via multiple channels, both direct and indirect, to sell them goods and services. Channels include websites, email, text, social media, storefront, television, radio, and paid search.
Why does a business need a multichannel marketing approach?
Because today’s consumer seeks information through various sources, businesses need to consider a variety of touchpoints based on their buyer personas.
Additionally, as the number of marketing channels continues to increase, businesses need a multichannel marketing strategy that is scalable and able to adapt.
Whether you are a B2B or a B2C company, having a multichannel marketing strategy not only makes sense, but is essential to a achieving a positive return-on-investment (ROI).
The distinction between these two areas is quite simple. B2B marketing sells products and/or services to other businesses, i.e., business owners or management, while B2C marketing sells directly to consumers. In a B2B environment, the sales cycle is longer and less transactional than B2C. Therefore, B2B buyers take more time to decide when it comes to the decision-making process.
To create an effective multichannel marketing strategy, start with your buyer personas. Since B2B businesses focus on the owner or management, the marketing channels are likely narrower. For example, a multichannel approach may include LinkedIn, along with a targeted email campaign and landing pages offering case studies or white papers.
Within a multichannel marketing strategy, the adage, “Content is King,” certainly rings true. Savvy marketers should consider content or “thought leadership” as the cornerstone of any multichannel marketing strategy as potential B2B buyers want to educate themselves before making an inquiry and initiating contact.
Remember to vary your content from channel to channel based on audience paraments, and consider various options, including blogs, white papers, case studies, client testimonials, infographics, videos, and the like. Additionally, your feature content should follow the 80/20 rule — meaning 80 percent of the time you are informing and educating, with the other 20 percent promoting your business. Remember, no one wants to be sold to all the time, and if you spend too much focus on yourself, you will quickly lose the interest of your audience.
As evidenced in the graphic above, a multichannel marketing strategy has several components.
When approached strategically, these tactics should educate and inform a visitor, showcase your thought leadership and subject matter expertise, and inspire action.
B2B multichannel marketing has evolved in recent years. Consider the following statistics:
Now that you know what multichannel marketing is and what it entails, let’s look at the benefits.
A multichannel marketing strategy:
Tying your marketing channels together presents the chance to reap the greatest return on your marketing investment.
If you are ready to start a multichannel approach, reach out and schedule a consultation with the marketing experts at YGL Enterprises today.
Schedule a DDIChat Session in Digital and Content Marketing:
app.ddichat.com
Apply to be a DDIChat Expert here.
Work with DDI: https://datadriveninvestor.com/collaborate
Subscribe to DDIntel here.

1


1
empowerment through data, knowledge, and expertise. subscribe to DDIntel at https://ddintel.datadriveninvestor.com
Konema Event Management
Revolver Digital
Kyle J. Maxwell
David Wyld
in
Modern Business
Robyn Kyberd
Growing Community
Robyn Kyberd
Kinjal Shah
AboutHelpTermsPrivacy
B2B marketing consultant who writes about marketing strategy, branding, and content with the hope of inspiring reluctant business owners to embrace marketing.
Imtiaz Ali
Rahmad Dijaya
Dennis R. Mortensen
MACKEY
in
Level Up and Lead
Help
Status
Writers
Blog
Careers
Privacy
Terms
About
Knowable

source

future-dyanmics

Related posts
B2C MarketingMarketing

5 B2C Marketing Tactics to Incorporate into a B2B Marketing Strategy for Your Firm - JD Supra

B2C marketing is all about driving sales through direct communication with consumers. But what does…
Read more
B2C MarketingMarketing

B2B vs. B2C e-commerce: What's the difference? - TechTarget

Getty Images/iStockphotoMany consumers buy their everyday products, such as clothing and makeup…
Read more
B2b MarketingMarketing

Why is content marketing important? 9 reasons to use content - Search Engine Land

Search Engine Land » SEO » Why is content marketing important? 9 reasons to use contentWhy is…
Read more
Newsletter
Join THE PRO PEOPLE Family

Sign up for The Pro People Community's Daily Digest and get the best of Industry updates, tailored for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *